Tygon S3™ Silver Antimicrobial Tubing decreases bacterial growth and provides added value.
Tygon S3™ Silver from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is now phthalate-free. Saint-Gobain is proud to be among the first companies to offer sustainable flexible tubing products. The bio-based Tygon S3™ line combines the high performance standards customers demand with an eco-friendly tubing design.
Is Your Tubing Protected Against Microbes?
Microorganisms are living cells so small that most can only be seen with a microscope. Microbes are a type of microorganism found everywhere, and include bacteria, fungi and algae. The majority of microbes do not interfere with human activities. However, in some situations they can cause problems. Growth of microbes on many materials can lead to foul odors, discoloration and formation of mildew and biofilm. In the case of tubing, microbes can contaminate the material being transferred as well as degrade the tubing itself.
Leader in Antimicrobial Technology
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is the leader in antimicrobial technology. Our custom compounding capabilities allow us to produce antimicrobial versions of many of our tubing products, including Tygon®. Tygon S3™ Silver Antimicrobial Tubing is formulated with a silver-based compound on the inner surface at the point of fluid contact; the tubing's outer surface can be treated in cases where bacteria buildup on the I.D. is a concern.
Cleaning procedures, such as washing with detergent and hot water, can kill microbes. But this process can be time consuming and costly, and does not provide residual protection against fresh contamination. The additional use of a durable and safe antimicrobial treatment is the best way to provide protection against microbial contamination. Offering your customers this added protection adds value to your product.
Tygon S3™ Silver Antimicrobial tubing meets FDA 21 CFR, 177.1520 criteria for food contact applications.
* The compliance status of Tygon S3™ Silver according to the marketing region can be found on www.TygonS3.com. Please refer to the detailed document of compliance for a complete compliance information and appropriate use instruction. The complete compliance information and use instructions can be found at www.TygonS3.com.
Tygon S3™ Silver Features/Benefits
• Plasticizer-free inner bore
• Formulated with a silver-based
compound on I.D. surface
• O.D. surface can also be formulated with
a silver-based compound
• Reduces formation of biofilm and mildew
• Inhibits growth of microbes
• Will not discolor
• Meets FDA criteria
• Meets NSF 51 criteria
• Contains no chemicals listed in
California's Prop 65
• Contains no BPA or phthalates
• Food and beverage dispensing*
• Ice machines
• Water purification
• Chemical transfer
• Dairy processing*