Non-DEHP Tubing for Laboratory, Food & Beverage, and Biopharmaceutical Applications
Tygon S3™ E-LFL from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is now phthalate-free. Saint-Gobain is proud to be among the first companies to offer sustainable flexible tubing products.
The bio-based Tygon S3™ line combines the high performance standards customers demand with an eco-friendly tubing design. The new Tygon S3™ E-LFL non-DEHP tubing is
our best performing peristaltic pump tubing and has no industry equivalent. Tygon S3™ E-LFL
has been tested rigorously to ensure that it meets the same physical standards as the old
Tygon® LFL tubing, including 1,000 hours of peristaltic pump tubing life at 0 bar back pressure,
low particulate spallation and chemical resistance.
Tygon® Tubing Provides Optimal Peristaltic Pump Performance
Crystal-clear Tygon S3™ E-LFL tubing is formulated specifically for use in peristaltic pump applications. The new Tygon S3™ E-LFL non-DEHP tubing has even longer pump life not only at 0 bar but also at back pressure of up to 1,7 bar. The peristaltic pump life performance at different back pressures is shown on the back page. With its superior flex life characteristics, Tygon S3™ E-LFL tubing reduces production downtime due to pump tubing failure. Our tests demonstrated reduced particle spallation, which eliminates the need for frequent downstream filter replacement and diminishes the risk of sensitive-fluid contamination. This is critical in several applications, such as pharmaceutical, high purity chemicals, cosmetics and food.
Benefits of Using Tygon® Long Flexible Life Tubing
The non-aging and broad chemical resistance properties of Tygon S3™ E-LFL enable users to utilize the new tubing for transferring chemicals, cleaning agents and bactericides without danger of corrosion (as with metals) or oxidation (as with rubber). Tygon S3™ E-LFL is safe and non-toxic and can be sterilized through conventional autoclave methods (steam 30 minutes at
1,0 bar, 121°C) and Ethylene Oxide, making it an excellent choice for high purity applications. It can be produced in up to a 15.6 cm inside diameter, ideal for bulk transfer applications
Tygon S3™ complies with FDA, NSF, 3-A, meets USP Class VI, ISO 10993, Japan Food Sanitation Law # 370/1959, REACH, 1935/2004/EC and 10/2011/EU for many foods and beverages. Tygon S3™ tubing products do not contain chemicals listed in California's Proposition 65.
* For complete compliance information and appropriate use instructions, please refer to the detailed document of compliance. The complete compliance information and use instructions can be found at www.TygonS3.com.
Tygon S3™ E-LFL Features/Benefits
• Longest flex life of any clear Tygon®
tubing — reduces downtime due to pump failure
• Broad chemical resistance — excellen for laboratory applications
• Can be autoclaved — suitable for high purity applications
• Extremely low particle spallation — reliable for sensitive-fluid applications
• Contains no BPA or phthalates
• Wide range of liquid transfer in labs
• Production filtration and fermentation
• Food & beverage* and cosmetic processing
• Surfactant delivery
• Flavor and vitamin concentrate dispensing*
• Printing ink transfer
• Highly viscous fluid transfer
• Drum and tank drainage
• Shear-sensitive fluid transfer